Tom J

Default Home Wall Construction Question

"P.E." wrote in message
m...
In my continueing project of removing the fireplace, I have another
construction question. In the middle of the wall, horizontally, about
4ft. high is a large cross beam. Ideally, I would remove this

My advice is for you to get someone that knows construction code in your area
to help you with design before you proceed any further. You are going to put
yourself in a position where the building inspectors will either condemn your
house, or make you spend thousands of dollars you didn't intend to, correcting
your mistakes.

Tom J