Gary Slusser

Default Grounding Rod Info

"volts500" wrote

"Mark Wilson" wrote in message

Volts: It appears that the metal housing of the water meter negates

the
need to jumper it. In this case, I think it would be better to

simply
attach the grounding clamp as near as possible to the point at which

the
pipe enters the home. Agreed? (See image)
http://www.geocities.com/mydeadpresidents/index.html

Now we're getting into the what if's and why for's (Although you seem

to be
grasping the concepts, I'm trying to avoid all of that to keep
misunderstandings to a minimum.) Best to jumper the meter and be done

with
it.......$2 part, 5 min. work, tops. Don't forget to jumper the hot

water
to the cold water at the water meter.

As for outgoing circuits, what kind of trouble can be caused by

having a
mix
of neutrals and grounds on each bus? I'm gonna fix it no matter

what, but
it won't be the first thing I do.

Can cause all sorts of nasty problems. I think Mark covered that and

the
rest of it pretty well.

Most water meters that I'm familiar with use rubber compression or
washer type seals. Those big brass nuts, they really don't connect
electrically to the tubing to the meter body all that well.

Gary
Quality Water Associates