Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

On Monday, 31 October 2016 15:14:44 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
No I haven;t, you just didn't understand the situation as usual.

I've understood perfectly well.

Then you got it plain wrong then.

I actually said that it's quite common for a dimmer to fail when a
tungsten bulb blows.

WTF ! Mine blew when I replaced two halgen bulbs with 2 LED
versions, well didn;t blow so much as not work, flicker and not
reach full brightness.

So likely nothing wrong with the dimmer. Thought everyone knew not all
mains LEDs can be dimmed.

So why didn't the dimmer dim the ghalagen bulbs when the LEDs were
removed ?

Because you broke it through your stupidity?

No I broke it through experimentation I had NO use for the old dimmer(s) as I was going over to LEDs.

Never mind. It's an easy job to fix a dimmer. Oh - forgot. You can't
solder.

I can but you can't change such a dimmer from not being able to dim LEDs to being able to dim LED by changing a triac yuo idiot the circuit needs changing to a trailing edge dimmer.

Only someone us dump as you would 'fix' the dimmer only for it to blow again
as I said yuo are well out of yuor depth, reember the causailty loop.