Chris Oates

Default Is my electric shower about to fail?

"Dave" wrote in message
Our Triton electric shower trips the mcb after about 3 minutes use. (Fed

via a
combined mcb and rcb). The shower is about 12 months old and been working

fine
until now. I have no way of measuring the actual current. The mcb casing

is
quite warm so I guess real overcurrent is the problem - rather than a

fault in
the in mcb? There is no sign of air in the water supply. Is the above a

typical
failure mode for an electric shower - is it about to go BANG! The cable

and
double-pole ceiling switch are the only other things in the circuit.

Wonder
when the guarantee is up (sigh) :-)

what's the MCB rate at ?
how many kilowatts is the shower ?