Gary Coffman

Default A Puzzle - Iron and Yellow Colour in the Water

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Peter Martin" wrote:
I'm tired of spending money on solutions that don't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Well, first I'd say that you have to realize that the drinking water guidelines
are just a measure of whether the water is safe for human consumption. They
don't mean you'll have clean, clear, mineral free water. Frankly, all throughout
reading your tale of woe, the words "deep bored well" kept drifting through my
mind.

I'm not too keen on shallow wells. The water doesn't receive enough natural
filtration to suit me. Deep water usually (not always) means clean water. My
water here comes from a 180 foot bored well. The water is clean, clear, and
cold. There is also a shallow dug well on the property, and while it never lacks
for water, the water is, well the best word is "icky". I wouldn't drink it even though
the health department says it is safe.

Gary