The Natural Philosopher

Default Last nights Million Pound Property Experiment

Mike Mitchell wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:08:47 -0000, "Chris Oates" none wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
.. .

Is it just me or is something not adding up here?

Not much adds up in their programs
Get survey done, buy house for half a million,
house has dry rot ????

Last week they went for the half a million plus figure
completely forgeting that the stamp duty hike at that level
would severely limit offers

The Independent reported yesterday that the Inland Revenue is taking a
very keen interest in the £500K sale, plus the ten grand for "fixtures
and fittings".

The money program on radio 4 said that yu can get away with it if its
reasonable.

I began to get turned off from these two after the
first programme. Last night, when Justin walked up and down on top of
the Scottish solicitor's nicely polished table, I thought, what a
complete prat.

Why couldn't they have bought a number of terraced houses in need of
work for around £70K each (plenty around the country), spent £10K
doing each one up, then sold for £90K? They would be able to churn the
houses out like a sausage machine after a while.

But that would not be "good TV", I suppose. Actually, I am now of the
opinion that the series was a waste of time.

Its amusing tho.

MM