Ed Sirett

Default Vaillant diverter valve

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:09:50 +0000, Lee Blaver wrote:

We have a (just out of warranty) Tubomax 828e combi (LCD display) and
the (electric) diverter valve is acting up. Sometimes it doesn't switch
between DHW and CH, even though the diagnostics say it has.
What seems to happen is that the boiler attempts to move the valve, but
doesn't move it far enough.
If it was seized or stiff I'd simply change it out, but if the boiler
is turned off, then back on, which exercises the valve, then the valve
works quite happily for the rest of the day.

Now, the valve is in stock, which suggests it is unreliable, but I also
notice that the board has been updated - anyone know what was changed?

I'm probably just going to swap the valve out, but I don't want to do
that and find out it was the board. Neither are cheap...

It might also be worth checking that system is free of debris etc. whcih
might be jamming the valve.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk