LuckyDucky

Default Why is AC running in the morning when it's cooler outdoors?

"jagerEd" wrote

Do you have any unshaded east facing windows?

Ed

Yes, we have unshaded windows on all sides of the house.

I'm aware of the greenhouse effect -- ultraviolet light converted to
infrared light (heat) as the light passes through glass.

However, late yesterday afternoon was wet and cool. At 12am, the outdoor
temperature was 60 degrees. This morning, the indoor temperature was 78
degrees. The thermostat was set at 80 so the AC didn't kick in. Last night,
we slept with the bedroom windows open with the door closed. That would
exclude us as being the cause of generating enough BTU's to heat the house
by 20 degrees.

Responding to an earlier post; we don't have an attic; we have rooms
upstairs that are also air-conditioned. We do have a finished basement
which is cooler than the rest of the house.

I hope that this situation continues into winter -- we won't have to use the
furnace.