Jim Sullivan

Default Where to buy unfinished wood flooring - please help!

"ash_bayarea" wrote in message
om...
Newbie question: We would like to repair the 45 year old hardwood
floors in our Silicon Valley Bay Area home and add some new oak
flooring to our newly built extension. Our original flooring is made
of 5/16 thick solid oak strips.
We are looking for a source of Red Oak Solid Wood Unfinished strips of
2 sizes:
1. 5/16 inch thick strips - width 2 or 2-1/4 - for older parts of home
2. 3/4 inch thick strips - width 2 or 2-1/4 - for newly built
extension bedrooms

The idea is to replace all warped strips in the older parts of the
home with unfinished 5/16 inch thich strips and lay down 3/4 inch
thick unfinished strips in our newly built extension rooms, before
sanding and refinishing the old floor and the new one to one uniform
color.

While I don't know if this will help in your specific situation, check
around for a building supply re-use or recycle center. These places take
the best pieces of a demolition and make them available for use by others.
We visited one today and there were lots of strip flooring (some finished,
some not)

Good Luck!

--
Jim Sullivan