Steve Almond

Default Hinges For Cabinet Door

I'm building a hi-fi cabinet in oak. The cabinet includes two small doors
which are set in about 25mm from the front edge of two upright pieces
(cheeks? Sides?). Each door is only about 300mm X 300mm X 25mm, so they
aren't heavy.

My question is - what sort of hinges should I use? I'm guessing that my
father would have used brass butt hinges (but does the fact that the doors
are set in between the uprights make this difficult?). The cheapo commercial
cabinet, which I'm replacing, also has two small doors hinged with European
style concealed hinges (same as used on kitchen units). Are these
appropriate (very adjustable) or totally naff?

Thanks,

Steve