Edwin Pawlowski

Default Why is AC running in the morning when it's cooler outdoors?

"LuckyDucky" wrote in message

I'm baffled as to why the AC is running in the morning even when the

outdoor
temperature is significantly cooler. This morning, for example, it was 58
degrees outdoors and the indoor temperature was 78 degrees with the AC
running.

I understand why a house requires cooling during the day even when it

cooler
outdoors but I'm totally clueless as to why the house would need AC in the
early morning after the house has been cooling down for over 10 hours.

Every running appliance gives off heat. Your body gives off heat (800
btu/hr IIRC), light bulbs, the toaster, etc.

If your house is well insulated, it is not giving off the heat to the
outdoors rapidly. The unit is controlled by the thermostat indoors. Open
the windows and let in that beautiful cool air.

If the air is dry, open the windows at night and turn on a window fan to
draw the air through.
Ed