Frank K.

Default Garage Opener Install - limited length from wall to beam

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/residential/directdrive.asp

It may require that you replace the door, but it will do the job.

Frank

"Cox SMTP central" wrote in message
Does anyone have a solution to center mount a garage opener for a 17' x 7'
garage door where the distance from the front wall of the garage is 8' -

4"
from a steel ceiling beam the runs the width of the garage? The garage

door
company has used a side mount chain drive opener for the past 10 years

since
the house was built and I have the following recurring problems with this
type of setup.
- Side mount pulls on door unevenly and causes problem with

adjustment.
- Garage will only open within 10" of door opening because not enough
pull clearance.
The door company has indicated going to a gear drive opener and still

having
it side mounted will improve the pull by about 6 inches, but I would

prefer
to get the opener to the center of the door. I have been told that it is
not a good idea to cut into the beam. Any ideas - any new openers out
there?

--
Mike Krzywicki