Motor Man

Default screws through stucco into sheathing??

Cory Lechner wrote:

I am putting vinyl siding on the front of our house that presently has the
rock style stucco on it.

I want to put furring strips, then siding right over top of the stucco, but
I need a screw to go through the 1/2" furring strip, them self tap through
the stucco, then into the plywood sheathing. Any ideas what I could use? I
might try screws that are used for self tapping into cement flooring board
(though isn't this cement board a lot softer than stucco?). I tried
ordinary screws, and they don't want to penetrate the stucco? Any advice
would be great! I don't want to have to drill a pilot hole each time I put
in a screw!

Cory

Yes. Jim McNamara does. He will be along anytime now to instruct you
in this. He is an expert at everything in the entire universe. He's
the Anti-Christ.