Mike O.

Default Can you explain SquareD breaker pricing?

Homeline is SquareD's lower priced series primarily aimed at residential
market, the Q0 is the original, heavier duty line.

The Q0 panels use a copper bus with a plastic cover that shields most of the
exposed bus. The Homeline panels have an exposed aluminum bus.

The Q0 breakers have the "visi-trip" window. It's a bright red/orange
indicator when the breaker trips. Makes it easier to find the tripped
breaker.

Also, since the Q0 series are smaller, a Q0 panel with the same number of
breakers will be slightly smaller than a Homeline. The 30 space Homeline
panel is 33.8", the 30 space Q0 is 29.7"

Just as a personal opinion, the Q0 breakers seemed more solid.

The Q0 series and Homeline breakers are NOT interchangable. The Q0T
breakers are tandem Q0's.

I recently went through a lot of research on this when I replaced our 35
year old rusty 100A Federal Pacific(!) panel. I went with the 200A Q0
series because of the features mentioned above. When the city building
inspector did his inspection we talked about the choices I made. He told me
that I made a good decision and that in his opinion the Homeline series was
significantly inferior to the Q0.

Also, even though it's more expensive up front, it's not like you'll be
replacing the breakers often.

Just as a note, I have no connection with SquareD or any sales outlet.

Mike O.

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message
I needed a SquareD 15a/15a breaker. The local store had three designs for
$7.50 (homeline), $12.80 (QOT), and $16.50 (QO). Sadly, my box required

the
$16.50 kind.

Other than that they can get it, is there any reason for the radical

pricing
differences? Is my $16.50 breaker somehow better than the $7.50 kind