Wade Lippman

Default Can you explain SquareD breaker pricing?

"JM" wrote in message
quoting:
I needed a SquareD 15a/15a breaker. The local store had three designs

for
$7.50 (homeline), $12.80 (QOT), and $16.50 (QO). Sadly, my box required

the
$16.50 kind.

Other than that they can get it, is there any reason for the radical

pricing
differences? Is my $16.50 breaker somehow better than the $7.50 kind

My personal experience with big box stores is SquareD breakers are the

best
quality brand. I've always had great luck with them. Do not buy their
no-name breakers. They are junk. I learned the hard way when they
frequently wouldn't properly fit or develop problems later.

What's "homeline"? Is SquareD changing their breakers? I don't remember
that brand name at Home Depot. I hope they're not lowering the quality
because SquareD was just fine the way they were!

Homeline is made to be interchangable with GE, Murray, and the like. They
are priced competitively.