JM

Default Can you explain SquareD breaker pricing?

quoting:
I needed a SquareD 15a/15a breaker. The local store had three designs for
$7.50 (homeline), $12.80 (QOT), and $16.50 (QO). Sadly, my box required the
$16.50 kind.

Other than that they can get it, is there any reason for the radical pricing
differences? Is my $16.50 breaker somehow better than the $7.50 kind

My personal experience with big box stores is SquareD breakers are the best
quality brand. I've always had great luck with them. Do not buy their
no-name breakers. They are junk. I learned the hard way when they
frequently wouldn't properly fit or develop problems later.

What's "homeline"? Is SquareD changing their breakers? I don't remember
that brand name at Home Depot. I hope they're not lowering the quality
because SquareD was just fine the way they were!