mark

Default What is the best 4 x 4 Fence Post to Use?

I bought 10 foot pressure treated posts when I put my 6' fence up last
summer.

My local code requires 24" depth of the posts. That's what I went with, and
most of the holes are filled with crushed stone (I bought a bunch of bags of
the stuff from Home Depot), except for the top of course which I backfilled.
I was worried that the depth wasn't deep enough, but both my side and my
neighbors (we both did it at the same time) are holding up as good as the
day they were put in, and we do get windy here.

"Michael" wrote in message
Hello I am putting up a fence in the near future. What is the best type

of
4 x 4 wood post to use?

Should I treat the post?

How deep should I dig the post hole for a 6 foot fence?

Thanks in advance,
Mike