Andy Hall

Default Boiler probs

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:15:46 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On 11 Dec 2003 12:25:47 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Andy Hall writes:

[42 lines snipped]

The other was that most purchasers are brain dead as well.

You and I might think that energy saving is important, but most
purchasers don't.

It's not that marketable because energy is still cheap

It is? Gulp.

Relatively, and not to the point of pain for the average punter.

If it were, everybody would be
fitting condensing boilers and double
glazing

They are!! Try selling a house without double glazing.

I just did, and for a higher price than one close by with double
glazing that has been on the market for weeks.. The one that I
sold had a better kitchen and a better posiiton.

Relatives of mine
have a 20 year old detached 4 bed, two bathroom house. Gas bills were
approx £600-650 per year. That IS NOT cheap. It might be for you, but not
to the average person on the average salary. I zoned up the house to
upstairs and down, installed a condensing boiler, they put extra lagging in
the loft and installed double glazing (the old windows were ugly and shot
anyway). The bills are now half that, maybe less. The neighbours heard of
it and many are now doing similar.

They are all on water meters and many now have low flush cisterns fitted,
with aerated taps and water butts etc. Why? Because water is not cheap
either, so they want to keep those bills down too.

That's all very nice, and I don't disagree with doing these things.
I simply don't believe that they are a big seller. Yet.

and we wouldn't need legislation to encourage better
insulation.

Legislation is to drag the building industry out of the 19th century.

That's a separate issue.

---

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl