Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Default Rolled Roofing Blowing Off Manufactured Home, Repair Expensive?

(AJ) wrote:

What do you think I should do, does this make or break the deal?
Should I call it off, any input on this would be great.

Personally, I would run -not walk- away from this deal, even with a perfect
roof.

As much as I would hate to live in an apartment, manufactured housing (single,
double or treble wide) is about the worst financial move you can make. (Not
referring to factory built modular housing.) The unit will almost certainly
depreciate from the moment you sign a loan agreement.

I realize that for many people this is the only way to "own" their own home, but
you need to understand that it's not a whole lot different than paying rent.
Worse, because you can't walk away from it.