AJ

Default Rolled Roofing Blowing Off Manufactured Home, Repair Expensive?

On 6 Jul 2003 20:48:23 -0700, (AJ) wrote:

Hi everyone,

I hope some one can help me with my questions on rolled roofing (or
roofing in general). I am in the process of buying my first house and
upon inspection we have found out that the rolled roofing is blowing
off and has caused leakage on the inside when it rains. The inspected
made it seem like it fairly minor in cost to repair, but after looking
at the pictures it seems pretty serious, but Im not roofing expert.
Can any one comment the looks of these pictures, I notice there is
concreat in one of the pictures does any one know why that would be?

HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF SAID ROOF:

http://64.80.121.120/private/house/roof1.jpg
http://64.80.121.120/private/house/roof2.jpg

Please estimate how much it would cost to repair (I know you cant be
sure because you cant see it but give it your best shot).

The seller did not disclose this to me on the discloser form but we
did ask for help with closing costs where she did credit me "$3000
(ie, closing costs, roof repair") which I did not notice.

What do you think I should do, does this make or break the deal?
Should I call it off, any input on this would be great.

How would this be repaired?

Thank you so much,

email

My company would put a 50 year rubber roof on that for less than
$3000.
French invasion:
http://www.metrospy.com/boycott_brands.htm