Owain

Default Boiler probs

"Andrew" wrote
| PS In all the house makeover, 'get rich quick' etc program,
| how come I never hear Ms Beeny and others mentioning the
| magical word 'insulation' to make the property more
| comfortable?. Lets face it, if you are replastering the
| walls, why not put up insulated PB and skim that instead ?

Because it adds to the costs and produces no corresponding increase in sale
price. This is property development, ie tart it up cheap and sell quick.
Expenditure goes on what the customer sees and will pay for, not on 'good'
things that are hidden from view. There is usually not even the requirement
of Building Regs to put in insulation, as there is with new build.

Owain