Peter Ashby

Default [OT] Car insurance craziness

In article ,
parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote:

Whether you, or I, or anyone, likes it or not, bottom-posting is the
accepted convention on Usenet (with the possible exception of the
microsoft.public hierarchy) and people who top post will be frowned upon
(although they will, initially at least, be asked *politely* to desist).

And in many groups you will get flamed/ignored if you top post. In any
culture you are of course entitled to be individualistic. It is just
that if you do, you have to be prepared for the reaction that will
engender. So you are still free to top post if you want, just don't be
surprised if you engender hostility if you do so.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.