Andy Hall

Default Boiler probs

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:58:01 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:40:15 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:09:49 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Ms Beeny know anything about building? Please! She knows about

kitchens
and paint colours, that's all. A well insulated house is far more
attractive to a buyer.

I think that that depends on the buyer. I have not seen many estate
agent's particulars on properties emphasising insulation. I've seen
plenty extolling the virtues of a Smallbone kitchen. Whether that
is right or wrong or not is one thing, but it would appear that they
find that their customers find fixtures and fittings important as
purchasing criteria.

Tell them the bills are £50-100 a year and see their ears prick up.

I don't know of any estate agents that are likely to do that.

The client instructs the estate agent and what points to highlight. Most
agents are technically brain dead. There is a famous case in Milton Keynes,
when one of the country's first superinsulated houses went up for sale in
Energy Park. The stupid agent dropped the price by 2.5K as it never had a
heating system. He had to be taken to one side and have it explained to
him, even then he couldn't see it. Duh!

This was part of my point.

If there are two well appointed identical houses in the same road, and one
has heating bills of 500-600 a year and one only £50-100, guess which one
would attract most attention, sell very quickly and command a higher price.

The other was that most purchasers are brain dead as well.

You and I might think that energy saving is important, but most
purchasers don't.

It's not that marketable because energy is still cheap

---

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl