Alexander Galkin

Default Sound proof existing wall?

What are acoustic blankets? where to get them?

"Tom Baker" wrote in message
om...
"Harry Muscle" wrote in message

We just moved our master bedroom into the room right beside the

mechanical
room. Unfortunately, this means that our bedroom is now a little louder
then the previous room. Is there something that I can do to the wall to
sound proof it? The wall that is shared between our room and the

mechanical
room is only about 4 feet long. Is it possible to maybe fill the gaps

in
between the studs with something. I would need a solution that wouldn't
require more than a few large holes in order to install it. I'm not in

position to completely tear up the wall and redrywall everything.

Thank you for any help,
Harry

-
I'd suggest closing all the flanking paths edge of drywall where it
meats the floor, foam around electrical outlets in that wall. Then
mount resilient channels an another layer of gyp bd on the mechanical
room side.

It's possible that acoustic blankets in the ceiling and side walls
would help if those turn out to be flanking paths. Then, there is the
possibility that the equipment is passing vibrations through the
framing members. If there are short, direct duct connections between
the equipment and the bedroom, those can act as paths for noise too.
Tom Baker