Dave Plowman

Default New system nightmare

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
But without balancing, this can result in a rad not working at all
until the others are satisfied.

Yeah. So what? at least it comes on eventually.

Well, in my case, it's the kitchen that comes on last as it's the furthest
one from the boiler, pipe run wise. And that's probably the second room
you visit first thing...

..When I had TRV's fitted I just opened up all the balance valves.
Basically because the ones nea the boiler where the ones I wanted to
get hot quickly anyway...eventually the remote bedroom ones would come
on...

I can't quite follow your reasoning. A well balanced system can do without
TRVs altogether. Adding them to one which is, is merely the icing on the
cake. Using them to cure an unbalanced system is a bodge and serves no
purpose, given that anyone can balance up a system given the inclination.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn