Jonathan Pearson

Default Where to buy plasterboard?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:39:53 UTC, (Niel A.
Farrow) wrote:

Look for your nearest Wickes - cheaper than the BMs for most things and
they have tapered edge p/b.

Thanks - wondered about them, 15 miles away and I had no faith in
phoning!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

They however only stock 2.4x1.2m sheets (both 9.5 & 12.5mm) in tapered edge,
or at least in the 3 that I use (and no mention in catalogue either). The
only place that I've found with the smaller sheets in tapered edge at
1.8x0.9m (12.5mm I think) are at both the B&Q Warehouses which I use. Not
sure if you can get it anywhere smaller, but certainly 1.8x0.9 sheets can
relatively easily fixed to ceiling (and also have the advantage for me that
they fit into boot of car). Maybe give your local B&Q warehouse a ring to
ask which next closest one stocks the above, as certainly some of them do.

Jon