dmc

Default Where to buy plasterboard?

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:39:53 UTC, (Niel A.
Farrow) wrote:

Look for your nearest Wickes - cheaper than the BMs for most things and
they have tapered edge p/b.

Thanks - wondered about them, 15 miles away and I had no faith in
phoning!

If its the Ashford branch then give them a ring - I have only had good
experiences from them and have used them a lot (I've also phoned them
with some pretty obscure questions over time :-)).

Mind you, half the staff from Ashford now seem to be working in the new
(ex focus) wickes in Folkestone. Hope they haven't diluted the good staff
too much.

Wickes still seems to be one of the few places (John Lewis is another that
springs to mind) where the staff will say "I don't know" if they don't know.
Most places seem to try to fob you off by reading the back of a box over
your shoulder - Ashford B&Q seems spectacular at talking rubbish IMHO.

At least in Wickes they tend to go find someone who does know what they
are talking about! (Or maybe I have just got lucky!)

Darren