jim

Default How to mount window air c

barry martin wrote:

Hi Mark!

M How to mount window air conditioner?
M I got a used AC and want to mount it, but the window sill is
M 4 inches and the AC is 17 inches thick. It will just fall out the
M window and that accordian wont hold it in, I know that's just to seal
M the hole. Do they sell some sort of brackets, or do I need to weld up
M some giant L brackets and screw then to the side of the house?
M This is a trailer house, so the walls and sills are even thinner than
M a regular house, but it would still fall out of the window no matter
M what kind of house, and the window frames are aluminum so I cant screw
M to them.

(No one has replied yet?!) Thery probably sell some sort of mounting
box at the trailer/mobile home business for a/c. Else you could make
a large shelf using wood, mount suitable L-brackets underneath for
support. The a/c should have come with a top bracket to support it
there - could rig up some sort of 2x4 across the top and across your
window molding.

I would also secure the a/c to the wall from the inside to prevent it
being ripped out, either by someone wanting to steal your a/c or o get
into your home.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Watch with whom you mess with. Everybody has a big brother.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

where did you get this a/c unit.. when you buy one new it comes with the
brackets to install it to just about any window... if you bought it from
someone with out the brackets well: thieves sometimes just go outside a
house and push on the a/c unit until it falls out on the ground and then
take and put it in their grocery cart and go sell it.. they dont bother
checking for the brackets.....