Default New Pool Horror Story

A neighbor of mine had a problem with a pool install in
a high water table..................

Watch out for this possible future problem: Because the pool
excavation disturbed the natural sediment layers a path for
groundwater escape may occur. In my case my neighbor who is
slightly uphill from me cut through a layer of clay. Now every spring
or fall or after a day of rain I get a Beverly Hillbilly "Bubbling
Crude" type of surface water. It floods my backyard. What happens
is the water trapped under the clay increases its pressure after rainy
times. If it can find a local release it will surface. I believe this
mechanism is called "sheeting". I hope you or your neighbor will
not suffer from this. I'm still looking for a solution to my problem.