davefr

Default Water or oil based deck stain

Don't power wash a deck.

Don't use water based or solid color stains.

Don't buy the crap brands at Home Crapo or Lowes.

Do use lightly tinted oils and brush them on thin.

Do buy top shelf coatings like Cabots, Sikkens, Benwood, etc.

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:17:30 -0400, "Brian"
wrote:

We are getting ready to power wash and stain our deck after 2 years. Last
time I used Olympic oil based stain. I have been leaing towards a water
based this time. Can anyone recomend a good one from Home Depot or Lowes?
Or is it better to stay with Oil based? The deck is ceder.

Thanks,

Brian in MI