Don W.

Default RadioShack Programmable Control Center and Timer.

"R. Gregg Reed" wrote in message
. ..
My landlord is having a problem with this thing. You're supposed to
replace all your outlets and wall switches with control modules, then
you can operate any electrical equipment in your house remotely or on
a schedule. The manual is sketchy, but it looks like the control
center sends a 2.4 ghz signal through the house wires that operate
the control modules. It works somewhat, but it screws some things up.
Like it will manually dim a light, until it goes all the way off, but
then it won't come back on again.

We have an ISP across the street that broadcasts a wireless internet
signal at 2.4 ghz. Could that be causing problems?

The model number of this device is 61-2470. Thanks.

The signal it sends isn't 2.4 GHz (or even close!) The WISP would not be
causing the problem. I have a similar system in my home and it was
problematic when my electric truck was charging. A power line filter on the
truck power control unit solved the problem.

Find the source of the problem (something plugged into the power line) by
unplugging things one at a time. Then install the appropriate filter on the
offending device. Here are some filters:
http://www.smarthome.com/x10troubleshoot.html

Don W.