TURTLE

Default National Electrical Code question

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

I'm in a dispute with an electrician, who wired my house with an
underground feed. After signing a contract in which he promised to do all
work, and supply all parts, to refeed the existing house from a new
building, he imposed an additional charge of $350 for an "underground pull
box", which is basically a 15" x 24" cement rectangle with a plastic lid.
The pull box had to be installed, according to the city, because there
were too many 45- and 90-degree turns in the wire run to do it in one
single pull.

Does anyone know whether this is mandated by the NEC? It would make
resolution of the dispute easier if so.

thanks,

Andy Barss

This is Turtle.

If you have a contract that states that he will furnish all parts and labor
to bring service from the other building to your building. Then the City
inspector comes along and says it must have a turn box. if he has signed the
contract and then this box came up. you can go two routes here.

1) be a Ass Hole and hold his feet to the fire and tell him finish the job
as the contract says and you will furnish all parts. Pay as the contract
states. He is stuck with putting in the turn box for no extra cost. Hold his
feet to the fire.

2) Be a nice guy and talk to him about helping pay for the turn box in the
form of he furnish labor and you furnish added material to install turn box.

3) Be a push over and Mr Good Guy and pay him the $350.00 added cost for
the turn box.

If he signed the contract as stated. You have a fishing hook in his mouth
tied to your rod and reel. He's hooked if you want to be Mr. bad guy. I
might pay him to keep trouble down but if he got bad mouth with me. I will
reel him in and dress and fry him up.

TURTLE