Jeff Cochran

Default National Electrical Code question

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:23:24 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

In rec.woodworking Speedy Jim wrote:

: Did he stiff you on the contract terms? Lawyers decide that stuff.
: Did he do the extra work? Yes? Pay him...

He put the pull box in, charged $350, claimed it wasn't required by code.
When I asked him for an explanation, he walked away from the job with work
undone. A major unprofessional jackass.

That's a quite different description than your original post. Now who
are you trying to dispute by citing code, the electrician or the city.
The electrician you can sue, the city you can appeal, but it's
unlikely you'll win.

"Arguing with a building inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the
mud. Sooner or leater you realize the pig enjoys it..." (Posted on
the wall of our local building department)

Jeff