Laurie R

Default drills / screwdrivers

BigWallop wrote:
"Ginger_neil" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'm about to move house and will be doing quite a bit of screwing
(yes yes, very funny) to remove built in wardrobes, replace kitchen
cupboard doors etc etc. I always hate using screwdrivers, and
becuase I will be needing to buy a drill anyway, I was wondering if
anyone could recommend a drill that would also do the job os a
screwdriver ?? I dont need anything too flash (£30 B&Q job would
do), but what features of a drill should I be looking out for in
order for it to double up as a screwdriver ??

Thanks in advance...

Controllable Variable Speed and Good Torque (not power rating but
torque in the gearing).

Ability to get close in to corners. Cupboards and wardrobes often have a
screw right in the top-left or bottom-left corner which can be awkward if
you're right-handed. An electric screwdriver (rather than a drill) can get
in there sometimes, but a 1/4" ratchet handle plus a screwdriver bit can
often reach where no power tool will.
--
Laurie R