Dipan Loken Patel

Default Interesting? Amana side by side fridge failure ...

The chilled water quit. I think the icemaker quit also, probably because of
the high temp. Seems like them quitting together might be a big
coincidence.

The model # is SCD23VW

I do believe the compressor is clicking on and off, but not very often at
all. After doing yet some more research (love the web), I took a look at
the condensor. I didn't actually realize this was INSIDE the freezer.
Anyways, there is frost on it and the stuff at the bottom of the freezer is
still frozen but the stuff at the top is thawed. I'm guessing the frost
shouldn't be there. I'm also guessing that since the inlet for the water
line is in the same area as the condensor (but on the back of the fridge),
that maybe it's frozen and that's why there's no water at the dispenser (the
dispenser still clicks when I try to get water). I'll have to take it apart
a little more, but I believe someone is coming by today to take a look to
see if it is repairable under warrantee.

So now I'm thinking that either the defrost thermostat or the heating
element on the condensor needs replaced. Whaddya think?