Stoney

Default Too many devices on telephone line

Tekkie wrote:

Morgan posted for all of us....

Awhile back I installed a caller ID program on my computer, IdentaPop, which
worked great for awhile. Since then I have added other fax machines and
assorted devices to the same phone line, none of which I can do without.
Apparently these devices are causing the caller id info to not be read by
the software. The other caller id boxes in the house continue to work fine.
I understand that there is a limit to the number of devices that a phone
line can support.

My question is: Is there anything I can do to increase the number of
devices that my phone line can support?

Thanks

Morgan

Could you try turning the ringers off on some phones? Or temporary unplug
the high number phones and testing?
--

Tekkie

On advice of some article long ago, we turned off all the ringers except
on two phones. Still can hear it ring anywhere in the house. Have full
time fax machine, distinctive ring, 4 hard wired phones, two portable
base units. No problem. Don't use caller ID so don't know if that would
be a problem, but all the combined REN numbers would probably exceed the
limit , so cutting off the ringer must be the way to go.

Stoney