Eric Tonks

Default Black powdery residue from chrome hinges

Sounds like they need some lubrication to stop metal rubbing against metal
which slowly grinds the metal into a black powder that you will see coming
out the joints between the two halves.

Only a drop or so will do the job, getting it inside the joint of the hing
is the hard part.

"Betsy" wrote in message
m...
I have custom, built-in bedroom cabinets that have chrome hinges ( I
believe they are chrome) that give off a black powdery residue. The
cabinets are covered with a suede like material. I have vacuumed the
residue, but as the problem continues, removal and keeping the
cabinets clean becomes more difficult. Is there anything that can be
done to the hinges to stop the residue. If I need to replace the
hinges, which appear to be customed made also, who would do that -
what kind of company would I seek out?
Thanks for all help!
Betsy