Dean

Default Painting a Brodade? Ceiling

Hi,

I need to repaint a ceiling that has a texture which _may_ be called a
brocade (not sure). The texture is swirled on like stucco or icing with
some flat areas and lots of crevices, some of which are beveled inward
making it hard to paint without filling in the cracks and smoothing the
texture too much. I switched to a slightly thinner paint which seemed to
help when I painted the edge with a brush, but the roller still fills in a
lot. One paint store employee thought a high nap (3/4" pile) roller might
work and another suggested a cross-cut foam roller. Before I ruin any more
area experimenting, has anyone found a good solution for this?

Thanks,
Dean