Todd W. Roat

Default THANKS for replies Supporting load bearing walls - how to tell?

Thanks for the replies. That helps. Bills web site is also extremely helpful

(Todd W. Roat) wrote in message . com...
I have finally become, after a couple years of home projects, I have
finally become a moderate competent DIYer. No fear in starting new
projects finally ;^)

One question still aludes me. On TV home repair shows and in other
literature, they always refer to taking out studs or walls (for
windows, room enlargements, etc) and to "make sure its not a load
bearing wall." But they never actually tell you how to tell this.
Are there any obvious things too look for? Any pictures on the
internet?

Thanks
Todd