Jim Mc Namara

Default Oiling squeaky door hinge

WD 40 was developed to remove water and moisture - not as a lubricant. (WD
stands for water displacer). It will work but very temporarily. I like to
use either graphite when possible (if you can removed the pins) or better
yet - go to a sporting goods place and find a small aerosol can of gun lube
that contains banana oil. A small shot will remain within the moving areas
and takes a *very* long time to wear out. This is the same lube used in
handguns (mostly police work).

Jim

"Eric G" wrote in message
Two questions here.

First, what is the easiest way to remove the pin holding the middle
hinge on a door? I suspect the middle one is the squeaky one. I've
tried using a hammer and screw driver metal end with no success. The
pin isn't budging.

If/when I can remove the pin, what oil should I use to lubricate the
hinge? Is WD40 an option?

Thanks. Eric