John

Default Concrete anchoring question - your opinion?

IMO that would also make them rot faster.

Wood and concrete should not be in contact with each other, that's why there are
so many different fasteners to connect the two while leaving an air space
between. The concrete holds the moisture which then rots the wood.

Get one of these commercial (galvanized preferably) devices that either installs
before or after the pour and then connects to the post.

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I am building a pool deck and want to place a 15'x18' cabana (four
columns, roof) on top of it. The cabana is held up by 8x8" posts and
has a shingled roof. My question is because the cabana company wants
to have the pool company pour the deck, making it a bit thicker where
the posts will be, and then use concrete anchors to anchor the posts
to the pool deck. The pool company thinks they should place the posts
before they pour the deck so they are set in the concrete instead,
making it sturdier...any opinions?

Thanks,