Tom Baker

Default Oiling squeaky door hinge

(John Kebert) wrote in message om...
(Eric G) wrote in message ...
Two questions here.

First, what is the easiest way to remove the pin holding the middle
hinge on a door? I suspect the middle one is the squeaky one. I've
tried using a hammer and screw driver metal end with no success. The
pin isn't budging.

If/when I can remove the pin, what oil should I use to lubricate the
hinge? Is WD40 an option?

Thanks. Eric

Personally I am not a fan of WD40 unless the joint in question has
dried grease. WD40 is more of a solvent than lubricant, use oil
(3-in-1) or white grease instead. I've had too many experiences where
WD-40 was used and after a short time the hinge/shaft seized up.

John

What's the group opinion of graphite dust? I should think it would
last longer than an oil.
TB