gg

Default Too many devices on telephone line

just looked my self on my cordless phone the REN is 0B what does the B
stand for or how do I use it to add into the total number. reason this
interests me is my parrents have dishnetwork 500 pvr box for there tv. it
has a built in caller id feature . the first box they recieved caller id
worked fine for about 3 months. then stopped dish network sends out a second
box caller id feature doesnt work but maybe evry 20'th call on there fifth
box now local dish people have been by ,then people rite from dishnetwork
none can get it working they say its a ground problem , so one guy runnes a
ground around all tv compnnents and bonds everything to homes main ground
still nothing. the main phone in the house has caller id that works all the
time and the other tv id works, just the tv with the pvr box .the dish
people are out of ideas and say they can break there contract without
penelty becouse the system doesnt wor completely.

"Morgan" wrote in message
Awhile back I installed a caller ID program on my computer, IdentaPop,

which
worked great for awhile. Since then I have added other fax machines and
assorted devices to the same phone line, none of which I can do without.
Apparently these devices are causing the caller id info to not be read by
the software. The other caller id boxes in the house continue to work

fine.
I understand that there is a limit to the number of devices that a phone
line can support.

My question is: Is there anything I can do to increase the number of
devices that my phone line can support?

Thanks

Morgan