davefr

Default Wood Laminate Flooring

That's what I have (ie Kahrs) and it's supurb.

The factory finish is superior to anything that can be applied in the
field and small scratches don't even show. (unlike laminates). If
these floors ever do need finishing, you have plenty of wood to work
with.

My Kahrs kitchen floor is 12 years old and it's endured multiple dogs
and cats. It looks in showroom condition.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:16:31 -0700, "Slar" wrote:

"'nuther Bob " wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:25:10 -0700, davefr wrote:

Either train the dogs, clip their fingernails, or use throw rugs.
When laminate flooring gets scratched it looks like crap.

I agree - use solid wood so that you can refinish it as often
as needed.

Bob

How does "engineered" flooring hold up? I understand it actually has a real
wood face.

js