Guyz-N-Flyz

Default air compressor--who made it?

"rb" wrote in message ...
Well, mine doesn't have any identifying marks anywhere except the

Craftsman
stickers. Sears does still show the unit, and has the parts breakdown,

but
doesn't provide parts any longer.

My compressor has chrome tubing coming out to the air manifold.

I think something is wrong inside the compressor. I can't turn the
compressor drive wheel past a certain point. Once I hit that point, I can
reverse it, and it hits the sticking point again going the other way.

I had hoped it would be an unloader or check valve. Universal ones of

those
are readily obtainable. And, they may be repairable themselves.

However, I think I'm going to find something wrong inside the compressor.

I'll try Devilbiss and see if they can ID it as being one of theirs.

Thanks again for writing.

It sounds like you have a broken connecting rod to the piston. The unloader
on that type of compressor is in the check valve, most likely, and wouldn't
cause the flywheel to stop from rotating 360 degrees continuously. Like I
said before, check out Campbell-Hausfeld!

Op --former compressor mechanic (home, commercial, and industrial)--