jim

Default air compressor--who made it?

rb wrote:

My trusty old air compressor has died a horrible death. It's the old main
machine that I use for everything in the world around the house. The good
news is that it is so old it is definitely repairable. The bad news is that
I have idea who originally made the thing. It is approx '70s era Craftsman.
They no longer support the thing, so now I'm on my own. So, I'm trying to
find out who might have made the unit, and, if they're no longer in
business, who a modern day successor might be.

This unit is sort of unusual. It's a small, four cylinder inline
compressor, driven by a true 3/4 hp motor. The pistons are small---probably
about 1-1.5" bore. Seems to be a simple beast, and some of the parts might
be standard; i.e. bearings, gaskets, etc. If I'm really lucky, all the
stuff inside will be off the shelf items for something. Anyway, anyone out
there have any idea who once made these kinds of units?

i got a 1 hp. craftsman air compressor.. bought it in the early 70's..
if you look on the metal that is welded on the tank i the front if i am
not mistaken then you will see the name Devilbliss... that is who made
mine....what is wrong with your air compressor... i got generic parts
for mine when needed... like the check valve, unloader valve. and had to
use copper tubing to replace the aluminum tubing that was there before i
broke it....