Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

On Monday, 31 October 2016 11:07:17 UTC, wrote:
On Monday, 31 October 2016 10:26:18 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

I have NEVER had tungstun bulbs in nthe kithcen, whenb I moved in in 1987
there was a florescent light, which I replaced with a 4 way halegon.
As teh halagens died I replaced them with LEDs.

Halogens are tungsten lamps, but never let facts get in the way eh.

Halogens are differnt from standard tungsten lamps did you note know that's why they are reffered to differntly.
And as you seem to misss the facts the Halogen tungsten lamps did NOT blow the dimmer as the dimmer was working perfectly well with 4 lamps then 3 lamps then with 2 lamps then I tried fitting dimmable LEDs that's when the dimmer went failty not for the 2 weeks or so I was using just 2 working Halogen lamps on the circuit.

Where as yuo would have said teh Halogens were at fault I concluded it was teh LED's or rathe rthe dommer couldn;t dim , dimmable LED's