Default single phase from 3-ph

In alt.engineering.electrical Michael Moroney wrote:

| Does any utility *ever* provide Scott two-phase power, except for a few
| rare cases of feeding very old stuff?

I've seen them. It was a big (probably 200 kVA) can doing the 120/240
volt part and a small (probably 10 kVA) doing the 208 volt part. They
probably needed a "little bit of three phase" and a lot of 120/240.

| You could configure two transformers with both primaries and secondaries
| in a Scott configuration and wind up with what amounts to 3 to 2 to 3
| phase transformation. I have never heard of this being done with pole
| pigs even though you only need two of them, but someone here mentioned
| pad transformers are sometimes built like this internally.

I've seen a number of 2 pole pig setups. I did not check out most of them.
But in one case where I did, they were using a three phase motor for a pump.

I've seen 2 core Scott-T in dry-type as well.

http://www.marcustransformer.com/techspecs.htm
See at bottom. They say it cancels triplen harmonics magnetically.
I haven't confirmed that.

http://www.marcustransformer.com/images/27rev.pdf
Just a picture

http://www.dongan.com/products/pg26-33.pdf
See pages 27, 30, and 32 (diagrams 1 and 4)