Peter Griffiths

Default roller blind help

That's OK - I suddenly thought we might be talking at cross purposes!

If this is a big blind - say greater than 72" width (old money) then it's
probably not a cardboard tube, which are used for mass produced, cheap DIY
blinds.
Just a couple more thoughts: does the blind come down and turn the
sidewinder and bead chain as well? If so then it's certainly the weight of
the fabric and the sidecontrol is either not man enough for the job or it's
defective. How about fitting a cleat to hold the beadchain?

Or is the roller turning and the sidewinder stays put? Still could be a
defective sidewinder but it could also be that the roller is slipping on the
sidewinder. Difficult to tell without taking the blind down and trying the
fit. If it is too loose then a pin punch could be used to make a dent in the
roller where the sidewinder is fitted and increase the grip.

not sure if that helps!

Peter
wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:57:19 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Griffiths"
wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood - is this inside or out?
The weight could well be the problem.

Peter

inside - I should have made that obvious !