RichardS

Default Barbeque advice

"Lobster" wrote in message
"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Never been entirely convinced by gas barbeques, but then I haven't

used
one
in anger.

The problem with gas BBQs is what is the point? I went to one in the

US.
The
food came out evenly cooked, just as if it had cooked in a fan oven.

That
isn't a BBQ. If I wanted a nice even oven cooked taste, I'd use the

freaking
oven.

I want smoke, scorch marks, flaming infernos when the cheap sausages

leak
onto the coals. *That* is a BBQ.

yup, agree with all of the above entirely.

add to that the use of a fossil fuel when an essentially carbon-neutral
source is cheaply and widely available, it all just seems terribly

decadent.

Especially when you then eat the food sitting under SWMBO's bloody patio
heater....
David

ah, yes. I managed to side-step that one by persuading her to get me a
cast iron chiminea for my birthday, and she loves it!

So I can now sleep easy in the knowledge that I'm not attempting to heat the
outside world with fossil fuels, and she gets the ability to sit outside in
light clothes, drinking wine, during thoroughly unsuitable weather
conditions....

--
Richard Sampson

email me at